Our client is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team and focus on their solar-powered products. You must have experience in both electronics development and embedded firmware, and possess a proven track record of working closely with contract manufacturers to successfully launch new products into the marketplace. You will be involved with helping the company develop its electrical design strategy for years to come.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- VERY attractive Salary range of $120 - $150,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Annual bonus program
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Client HQ is in the metro Boston area.
- Hybrid Work Schedule - this is a remote-friendly position...3 days in the office and 2 days remote
- Great Work Environment
Who Will Be a Great Fit for this Electrical Engineer position?
- Design, develop, and launch new electronic features and accessories on a solar-powered product line.
- Lead product development projects through every phase of the product development process: conceptualization, breadboarding/prototyping, DFMA, product testing, manufacturing support, and product launch
- Serve as technical lead for all matters related to electronic hardware and embedded firmware and provide support to internal customer-facing groups.
- Establish best practices in all aspects of the product development process, including specifications and other r technical documentation
- Use Altium to create all specification documents needed for manufacturing.
- Develop product test protocols, build test fixtures, and analyze data
- Use standard shop tools to fabricate prototypes and test new ideas.
- Drive cost reduction through new design and new manufacturing techniques
- Increase product reliability by diagnosing issues and designing robust solutions
- Presenting project deliverables to engineering and management teams
- Domestic and international travel (as needed) to support manufacturing and product launch activities
- 5+ years of experience in electronic systems design
- Proficient in Altium design software
- Skilled in all aspects of embedded firmware software
- Experience with developing IoT products
- Experience leading and managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to build prototypes and test fixtures using standard shop tools
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.