We're looking for a Resident Engineer to work with our client on front camera systems for next-generation ADAS products. The work ranges from complex, systematic problem solving to vehicle troubleshooting to achieve a customer release, for one of our best clients in Southfield, MI. This client is an industry leader in the ADAS market, as they were one of the pioneers in the field.
This role requires hands-on customer interface for specific vehicle platforms related to the implementation and launching of radar modules, plus support for all radar serial maintenance activities for GM including warranty and problem solving analyses.
It's a mix of on-site and remote work to support the client through the full development life-cycle.
Responsibilities of the Resident Engineer- Front Camera:
- Primary customer interface for specific vehicles related to the customization and launching of Front Camera Modules
- Support customer and deliverables including:
- Developing vehicle specific configuration files and managing their release through the system
- Provide Front Camera support and data retrieval and analysis
- Track Material Required Dates (MRDs) for prototype parts to the customer
- Customer site support for prototype and production-launch builds, as needed
- Support customer with electrical bench testing and system level tests
- Use customer systems to release updated part numbers and associated documentation (drawings, ICD, assembly instructions, service, etc.)
- Create and maintain End Item BOMs, drawings and support manufacturing plant PPAP processes
- Perform peer reviews with colleagues to ensure the highest of quality deliveries to the customer
- Interface daily with customer and team to ensure proper flow of information between the teams
- Work in a global team with Resident Engineers in multiple countries
- Manage change requests that impact responsible vehicle programs
- Help drive continuous improvements in the daily activities of the team
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree required, Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Experience with vehicle electronic, controls, and communication (CAN) systems, along with their related tools.
- A background working on GM projects, or with ADAS technologies is a plus
- Ability to understand complex systems and help clarify into simpler terms
- Excellent communication and customer relationship management skills.
Personal Competencies of the Resident Engineer- Front Camera:
- Customer Focus: Understand customer needs and ensure deliverables meet customer expectations
- Teamwork: Engage & Inspire Others; Drive Collaboration, Work Across Cultures
- Build Trust: Honest, transparent and reliable. Build customer relationships.
- High level of attention to detail