Client company is a leading provider of power supply and measurement equipment to multiple industries. In this position, you will be responsible to perform advanced PCB design from work orders involving highly complex, technical design concepts with a wide range of products requiring diversified knowledge
Summary of the Sr. PCB Design Engineer:
A Sr. PCB Design Engineer is needed for a direct-hire position at one of our clients based in Geneva, OH. This company is a leading provider of power supply and measurement equipment to multiple industries. In this position, you will be responsible to perform advanced PCB design from work orders involving highly complex, technical design concepts with a wide range of products requiring diversified knowledge. If you'd like to work on a tight team with the backing of a major organization, then this could be a good match for you.
Responsibilities of the Sr. PCB Design Engineer:
- Assists Engineering in reference or investigative work related to product design development.
- Responsible for complex design/documentation, exercising considerable judgement in PCB design and layout.
- Coordinate with AE’s PCB and PCBA vendors to produce manufacturable and cost-efficient parts.
- Communicate the job requirements and coordinates outputs/approvals directly with person(s) for whom work is being performed.
- Responsible for scheduling, creating, and verifying completed work, checking documentation outputs, BOMs, and CAM files.
- Participate in meetings to gather information, identify, and implement solutions.
- Research the development of current industry technology and disseminates it to other personnel.
- Trains and/or supervises other designers. Trains others in computer techniques, standards, symbols, nomenclature, engineering terms, and proper use of tools, reference books, and specific work areas.
- Required minimum of five years of PCB design/documentation experience or equivalent experience and/or any relevant education is preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently through the full project life-cycle (open the file and take it from there).
- Completion of the IPC Certification for PWB Design Principles (C.I.D.).
- Basic knowledge of industry standards such as IPC and Compliance Regulatory listings (UL, CSA, etc.).
- Strong knowledge with CAD techniques and software; knowledge of Cadence is a plus.
- Potential to use considerable judgment in design and layout using industry standards and good DFX (design for manufacturability and test) standards.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.