This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies.
Summary of the Product Assurance Engineer:
Product Assurance Engineer with Radar experience is required to play a vital role in managing the Product Assurance Engineering activities and to ensure that a product is tested to meet customer and internal functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, developmental, Design Validation (DV) and Process Validation (PV) testing for one of our clients in Michigan. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. If you have Hardware and system level validation experience along with the knowledge of ADAS ECU architecture and domain specific tools , then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Product Assurance Engineer:
- Understand OEM specification and requirements for product validation
- Design and develop product validation plans (EMC, Environmental and others as required)
- Review the validation plan with internal (Product Engineering) and external customer(OEM), get approvals
- Develop product test specification for the ECU manufacturing plants
- Develop requirement for test equipment, get quotes and source supplier for test equipment
- Receive test equipment, validate and perform necessary GR&R before DV/PV
- Schedule internal and external lab for planned DV/PVs
- Track and report progress throughout the DV
- Debug, analyze and report failures that occur during the DV
- Support product engineering for any root cause analysis (8D, Fish Bone etc.)
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements
- Release final DVP&R or PVP&R for customer approval
Qualifications of the Product Assurance Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, ME or equivalent desirable.
- 5 years’ work experience in Automotive electronics validation such as Hardware and system level validation.
- In depth understanding of validation methodology for Automotive. Application of those to develop new methods for new technology entering Automotive.
- Basic understanding of the RC&S ECU architecture, validation requirements and domain specific tools.
- Experience with communication protocols and tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, PCIe, Ethernet, others
- Awareness of IPC standards and PCB manufacturing
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Awareness of IATF 16949
Personal Competencies of the Product Assurance Engineer::
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core product validation principles, and analytical techniques
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Good team player.