- Salary in the $80 - 100,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Relocation Paid
A distinguished World Class Tier I Automotive supplier has an immediate opening for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer position at their facility, situated approximately 45 miles Southwest of Akron, OH. The ideal candidate will bring a solid and progressive background in Manufacturing Engineering or a similar role within a Tier I Automotive environment. Specifically, the successful candidate will have expertise in Launch Coordination/Launch, Process Evaluation and Enhancement, and strong communication skills.
- Lead and coordinate Engineering Changes related to Product and Processes to maintain and enhance manufacturing costs as required.
- Direct and coordinate the launch activities of new programs.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, cycle time, space requirements, and workflow. Design equipment and workspace layout for maximum efficiency, including material flow.
- Provide input for new project planning concerning process and material specifications, facilities planning, and cost data.
- Assist in completing production trials by coordinating run times, determining optimal processing conditions (cost and quality), conducting appropriate sample testing, and ensuring items reach the correct destination.
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of continuous improvement projects for the plant.
- Participate in required conference calls, meetings, and discussions related to processes and materials.
- Perform, develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Consult with vendors to determine product specifications, materials, or parts. Evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Consult with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Plan and establish specifications for new machinery or equipment to ensure inclusion of all safety precautions. Lead equipment manufacturing readiness before the start of production.
- Fulfill any additional reasonable requests deemed necessary by management.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related technical experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with a high sense of urgency and tenacity.
- General knowledge of safety, quality, and engineering processes preferred.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interface on all levels of operation.
- Team-oriented with proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Project
- Lean Manufacturing
- APQP (PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D)
- Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma
- Root Cause Analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Project Management
- High sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Leadership of cross-functional teams
- Reliable and dependable
- Effective communication at all organizational levels
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
Why This is a Great Opportunity: This company stands out as a World Class manufacturer and supplier in the Tier I Automotive industry. It continues to experience growth and seeks individuals who value stability and growth as part of their professional journey in contributing to the company's ongoing success. The company provides excellent upward mobility opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!