Immediate opportunity available for a Quality Assurance Manager at a globally renowned, multi-billion dollar manufacturer of specialty products, with over a century of successful operation. Situated in the greater Fulton, IL area, you'll assume primary responsibility for maintaining and elevating quality standards across the site.
Renowned by Fortune Magazine as "One of America’s Most Innovative Companies," this role offers a chance to spearhead quality initiatives, managing a team of 15+ QC/QA professionals and driving impactful improvements in a fast-paced, structured environment.
- Oversee the entire quality process from order inception to shipping, ensuring the highest standards for all produced parts.
- Lead problem-solving initiatives to enhance overall quality, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and serving as a key project leader.
- Utilize data analysis to drive continuous improvement efforts and effectively manage and develop a team of quality associates.
- Coordinate with management and corporate levels to report quality performance and costs.
- Develop cost-effective inspection systems and stay updated on the latest technological advancements in quality control.
- Manage all quality audits and surveys, implementing corrective actions based on findings.
- Act as the management representative for quality systems and engage with customers and suppliers to address issues and ensure compliance.
- Drive supplier quality improvement initiatives and lead defect prevention and corrective action programs.
- Develop training programs to ensure adherence to quality procedures and support personnel development.
- Deploy and maintain Total Quality Management Systems (TQMS) and lead advanced product quality planning activities.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality
- 5+ years of quality experience.
- Candidates should possess strong systemic thinking abilities, root cause analysis skills, and experience with Lean/Continuous improvement methodologies.
- Exposure to corporate environments and quality auditing is advantageous, along with expertise in production part approval processes, supplier management, inspection techniques, and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of NDT, heat treatment, welding, GD&T, and CMM programming is also desirable.