- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 4:1
- 36 Bed Unit - Multisystem Progressive Unit - Mixed Acuity
- Unit always at Full Capacity - Fast Paced Environment
- Observation Units are not considered critical care areas
- Culture: Patient and co-worker friendly
The Registered Nurse – PCU – Progressive Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care following established hospital policies and procedures. Collaborating with patients, their families, and the healthcare team, the clinical RN assesses patient care needs, plans interventions, and evaluates outcomes. The RN provides direct care or supervises LVNs and non-licensed nursing staff, ensuring compliance with the Nursing Department’s policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Provide age-specific and developmentally appropriate care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Assume charge duties, making patient assignments and supervising unit activities during the assigned shift.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to ensure comprehensive patient care.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 1+ year of recent experience as an RN in a high-acuity PCU unit is required.
- Only Tele experience WILL NOT work for this unit
- Manager seeks TRUE PCU experience
- TX RN licensure or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS (AHA)
- BSN required
If you are an experienced and dedicated RN seeking a challenging yet rewarding opportunity in a progressive care unit, we invite you to apply. Join our team and contribute to providing high-quality patient care in our fast-paced and patient-friendly environment.