- Salary in the $125-155,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- Relo Assistance & Sign-on Bonus
- Experience stability, opportunities for career advancement, and a company dedicated to fostering a culture that recognizes and values individuality. This is an environment where every employee is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Ensuring compliance with Contract requirements concerning drug utilization and to consult and make recommendations to Prescribers if and when necessary
- Ensuring compliance with clinical goals and clinical guidelines for pharmacy prior authorization program
- Evaluate new therapies and methods to understand trends, uncover gaps in care
- Review prior authorizations for clinical appropriateness and accuracy
- Must have an active Pharmacist license (PharmD) in Maryland (required) (Company will pay for successful candidate to pass and acquire Maryland license within six months of hire)
- Board Certified in Psychiatric Pharmacy (BCPP)
- Have at least three (3) years of experience in supporting formulary, PA, benefits design, and clinical information
- Have expert knowledge of clinical pharmacy and drug product information
- Previous experience in PRO and RetroDUR
- Previous experience in IV infusion and compounding
- Previous experience in supporting call center PA programs
Candidates must possess prior authorization experience and have training or practical experience in Substance Use Disorder. Ideal candidates will have a background in a Mental Health Facility, specifically working with psychiatric medications, or have experience in insurance companies or Pharmacy Benefits Management firms.
The ideal candidate understands the prior authorization process, as illustrated in the following example: A patient receives a prescription from their doctor, and the doctor's office sends it to the patient's local pharmacy. The local pharmacist then contacts the pharmacist at the patient's insurance company to obtain authorization and payment approval for the prescription. We are specifically seeking candidates with experience in the role of the pharmacist at the insurance company in this process.
It's important to note that we are not seeking candidates with a background in long-term care or retail pharmacy.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!