Top Client Seeking Director of Med-Surgical
Salary Estimate: $108-130K annually, (based on years of leadership experience)
**Up To 15% bonus annual bonus, based on performance KPI’s
We are currently searching for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Director of Med-Surgical. The position involves providing leadership for planning, managing, implementing, integrating, and coordinating the unit to support facility goals centered around excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. The Director will play a crucial role in supporting the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective patient care aligned with facility strategic goals and objectives.
- Enhance the department through performance improvement and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Develop an operational system supporting a seamless flow of patients through the continuum of care.
- Facilitate the development of a comprehensive education program for patients and staff.
- Collaborate with physicians to provide leadership throughout the department.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding new technology and services.
- Collaborate proactively with all interdisciplinary team members, focusing on patient/family needs to maximize healthcare outcomes. Coordinate multi-disciplinary patient care conferences for high-risk or medically complex patients.
- Lead research projects under the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Direct the development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to achieve facility objectives.
- Plan and coordinate activities, ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness, impacting all other hospital areas significantly.
- Conduct effective interviews and select a qualified number of personnel to meet department objectives. Ensure hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provide direction to staff and supervisors, reviewing performance and approving staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Florida RN licensure required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years of acute hospital experience required.
- 3-5+ years of progressive management experience preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!