We are actively recruiting a highly-skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse to join our team in delivering exceptional patient care within our 36-bed Medical Trauma Unit. If you are a dedicated professional seeking a fast-paced, supportive, and teamwork-oriented environment, we encourage you to apply today!
As a Registered Nurse in the Medical Trauma Unit, you will play a crucial role in providing patient-centered nursing care, including telemetry monitoring, to a diverse patient population. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing therapeutic care to patients undergoing treatment for cardiac, respiratory, renal, and other medical conditions.
- Assessing acute changes in patients, monitoring and analyzing heart rhythms, interpreting ECGs, noting arrhythmias, and intervening in emergency situations.
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of nurses, providers, cardiac specialists, and patient care staff to administer prescribed medications and monitor vital signs according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Utilizing computerized documentation systems to monitor, record, and communicate patient conditions during each shift.
- Coordinating patient discharge planning needs with other healthcare team members and participating in patient/family education.
- Maintaining cultural and diversity awareness when interacting with patients, visitors, co-workers, and other customers.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License.
- Preferred: 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Certification.
Note: This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination based on local, state, and/or federal laws or regulations, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. If you are a skilled and compassionate RN, ready to contribute to a dynamic medical trauma unit, we invite you to apply and become a vital part of our patient care team.