- Salary in the $90 - 110,000 range DOE
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Relocation Assistance
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
Qualifications: Must be either a licensed Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist
As a Director of Rehabilitation Services in our Skilled Nursing Facility, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the health and well-being of our residents. Your responsibilities will include supervising the rehabilitation department staff, and overseeing the provision, documentation, and billing of therapy services in compliance with Federal and State Laws, Regulations, and Practice Acts. Additionally, you will contribute to the hiring, orientation, and training of staff therapists, therapy assistants, and rehabilitation aides. Your role will encompass participation in required meetings, in-services, programs, and general orientation.
- Screen and provide an in-depth evaluation of each resident's rehabilitation potential (unless contradicted by a physician).
- Make written recommendations for interdisciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Inform residents or their qualified representatives about the care and treatment plan and possible outcomes.
- Develop a treatment plan and administer treatments in accordance with physicians' orders and rehabilitation goals.
- Maintain required contact with physicians.
- Oversee written evaluations, progress notes, care plans, and discharge summaries of residents receiving physical therapy.
- Review each resident's status quarterly to determine the need for revising rehabilitation aspects of care plans.
- Collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Display an interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Hold a valid State of NY license as a Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, or Occupational Therapist, with the license in good standing.
- Possess previous management experience within a Skilled Nursing setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage daily responsibilities related to Resource Utilization Group (RUG) categories and patient scheduling.
- Coordinate and lead weekly discharge planning meetings with the rehabilitation team, ensuring continuous monitoring of patient functional levels, goal progress, and end-of-therapy projections.
- Monthly, prepare and submit the Therapy Services Forecast Tool to the corporate Director of Rehabilitation, projecting staffing requirements, caseload targets, and potential earned revenue.
- Organize and facilitate monthly meetings with the rehabilitation team to support program development, review financial and productivity metrics, and address employee concerns.
- Engage actively in marketing and program development initiatives in collaboration with the Community Relations Coordinator.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!